[Deck][Compet] Arcane Tide
le 21/04/2009 11:38
Voilà la liste créée et testée lors d'un travail conjoint avec nastyjoe en décembre 2008

// NAME : Tide arcane
// CREATOR : amylynnlee1981 (magic-ville.com)
// FORMAT :
18 Island
1 Gigadrowse
1 Turnabout
2 Dampen Thought
4 Accumulated Knowledge
4 Brainstorm
4 High Tide
4 Peer Through Depths
4 Psychic Puppetry
4 Reach Through Mists
4 Words of Wisdom
2 Ponder
4 Ideas Unbound
4 Merchant Scroll

A tester si le deck peut se permettre main deck -1 turnabout + 1 ponder (surtout pour soulager un slot d'unco pour le side).

Side pas encore définitif puisque dépend vraiment du métagame, 4 disrupt semble indispensable tout comme 2 gigadrowse, on peut jouer 3 chill si on a libéré le slot d'unco du MD avec quelques beb pour passer burn post side. Après on peut broder en fonction du métagame attendu (faerie-burn-countertop...)

Le deck produit énormément de manas, bien plus que les versions faerie-snap, rapidement tous les arcanes joués rapportent du mana.

Quand on est parti en combo on finit avec dans la main des pensées découragées et des marionettisme psychique, avec 3 marionettisme et 2 pensées découragées on meule de 36 et chaque arcane en main meule de 8 de plus, sachant que l'adversaire a 60-7-4-tous les words of wisdom cartes dans sa bibliothèque.

Il est facile de faire des tables sur le nombre de high tide résolus/le nombre de manas nécessaire pour tuer.

Une meule de 48 est souvent suffisante pour gagner.

Le deck est stable T4 on the draw, T5 on the play (l'objectif étant de ne pas mourir au T4 de l'adversaire).

Contre contrôle mou sans rewind, y a aucun souci, l'ajout de rewind (technique du T2T ravnica-TS ^^) change peut être la donne, je n'ai pas testé.

C'est un deck combo comme grapeshot avec des forces et des faiblesses différentes donc il me semblait intéressant d'en parler.

Voilà j'ai pas trop le temps de détailler énormément le machin, si vous avez des questions sur le build hésitez pas.
haut de page - Les forums de MV >> Peasant Magic >> Discussion : page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17
Hennink
le 03/06/2009 13:57
I don't know the exact list, but I'll put something up that comes very close.
Hennink
le 03/06/2009 14:35
Ok, click here for the Vise Burn thread ;)

The deck has a very good matchup vs Arcane Tide, but there are too many lifegain cards in our metagame for it to be a real succes. I think Arcane Tide is the better choice.

thx :-)
le 03/06/2009 14:43
In paris burn is always metagamed against swarms so play a lot of bad cards against tide ;)
Hennink
le 04/06/2009 11:15
If the burn deck is fast enough, it can just ignore swarms. You really don't want to waste a burn spell on creatures (unless it's a Benevolent Unicorn of course). If need be, you can always play Tremor or Martyr of Ashes in the side in case you face an old-fashioned Empty the Warrens storm deck.

le 04/06/2009 11:31
http://magic-ville.com/fr/decks/showdeck.php?115626

Here is a typical French peasant burn.
Hennink
le 04/06/2009 11:39
Huh. That almost looks more like a control deck than like a burn deck :) After sideboarding they have 6 counterspells though, in place of the slow and useless Martyr of Ashes and Volcanic Fallout. You might want to board in 3 Gigadrowse against that matchup, to make sure they can't disrupt you combo!

yes
le 04/06/2009 11:41
That was my idea, I really should test the deck again. Moreover I love playing this deck. <3
Hennink
le 04/06/2009 12:12
I know! It's ridiculously fun to play :D

Just remember, Accumulated Knowledge is your weakest card! The 2 mana cost especially is most vexing. Merchant Scroll at least gets you one of your combo pieces. I am contemplating Serum Visions instead of AK. The extra 1-mana cantrip might let you cut an additional land.

le 04/06/2009 12:40
Yes but AK is a good draw engine, excellent against control and can be found by a scroll. :p

I never have some mana problems du to this card. ^^'
Hennink
le 04/06/2009 13:04
I've never tutored for AK. I have tutored for Oona's Grace on more than one occasion though. :p

Truth be told, AK has given me massive card advantage. Because it's two mana, you use it only when you have a slow hand or when your opponent isn't putting any pressure on you though. I must admit it makes going through your deck easier.
Emrad
Blessures en pile (†11 jui 09)
:)
le 04/06/2009 21:46
I've just gold-fished the deck, and there what I think about it :

First, you said "Ridiculously fun to play": I totally agree :D
Howerver, I noticed that it was pretty tough to go off.
A common thing I've never understood is that people are playing so little lands (17!), when the aim is to get at least 4 on turn 4-5.
But, yeah, I admit I'm quite unlucky on my lands :) I played 19 in the version I goldfished, and got only few problems with it.

After that, the biggest problem seems to be the number of important cards you need to go off. On the turn you go off, your hand should consist in, at least:
2 High Tides, 1 Psychic Puppetry, and a bunch of Arcane drawing spells.
1 High Tide is probably enough for the very beginning, but you need the second very quickly, I think.
Thus, a lonely Duress can kill your entire strategy, and delay the kill a lot.

These are just my impressions after testing alone quickly, and since you played the deck much more than I did, you may prove I'm wrong :)
What do you think about that? Are Discards spells nearly lethal to this deck? What's the minimum to go off?

And also, is the lone Gigadrowse usefull in the main board? I cut it for a land ^^

le 05/06/2009 9:44
Drowse is to win against counterspell deck at the first game (scroll).

I personnaly play 18 lands and with the number of draw/cantrip I never have the problem, I played 20 lands at the beginning and quickly stop, too many lands make you fizzle.

Discard is a big threat vs tide surely but 4 brainstorm and a side dedicated ;-)
Emrad
:p
le 05/06/2009 11:26
Ah, yep Gigadrowse's fetchable :)
I'll try with 18 lands :)

And what do you mean with a dedicated sideboard? Deep Analysis, and other draw spells?

Trop bizarre de parler en Anglais avec amy ^^

le 05/06/2009 11:41
As the sideboard depends of the metagame, it's difficult to say, but for me 4 disrupt is obligatory and maybe some draw spells, I have no precise idea. ;)

Surtout que mon anglais pue. ^^
Hennink
le 05/06/2009 11:49
Envelop and Disrupt protect you against discard. Brainstorm also hides away key cards. Discard is tough, but it should be survivable.

When testing the deck, keep in mind that you aim to go off on turn 4. You need only 3 Islands in play at this time, since you will draw the 4th soon enough. In the first 3 turns you use draw spells and Merchant Scroll to find those 3 lands, along with 2 High Tide + 1 Psychic Puppetry, or 1 High Tide + 2 Psychic Puppetry (both work).

Don't be afraid to use an early Dampen Thought to generate additional mana (once you have an extra High Tide or Psychic Puppetry). It's not important, and you can always get it back with Stream of Consciousness later in the game. If you are generating enough mana, find Oona's Grace. Without it you will draw too many lands and eventually will draw dead.

When you start to go off, you should prioritiz arcane spells though, since those will let you untap and generate additional mana.

Evermind is also very useful, as it turns every arcane spell into a draw spell, meaning you can keep your engine going with Stream of Consciousness, Dampen Thought, etc.

The deck takes a while to get used to, and you most certainly will have to play a lot of practice games before you know which hands to keep, what to put on the bottom when playing Peer Through Depths or Stream of Consciousness, what to fetch with Merchant Scroll, and when to sacrifice Dampen Thought/Psychic Puppetry in order to generate extra mana so you can use Oona's Grace/Evermind to draw into new fuel for the combo.

Once you get the hang of it, you should be able to regurarly go off on turn 4 and sometimes even turn 3.
Emrad
:)
le 05/06/2009 12:43
Thanks for your detailed explanation on the deck :)
Stream of Consciousness is really useful to avoid fizzling in the middle of the operation (to bring back the Ideas Unbound and/or Peer Through Depths).
Oh, and by the way, I agree Oona's Grace is really awesome in the deck! :)

Have you ever thought about playing Mystical Tutor in this deck? It seems to fit perfectly here, even if it is an unco.

le 05/06/2009 13:01
I think I'll put stream of consciousness in side board, against discard.

Mystical < Scroll in the deck. :)
Hennink
le 05/06/2009 15:07
The Stream of Consciousness engine requires three cards, without the Evermind you don't know for sure you can keep cycling through. You could theoretically do with 1 Dampen Thought if (and only if) you play Stream of Consciousness mainboard, so maybe -1 DT, +1 Mystical Tutor could work. I do agree Mystical < Scroll though. If you play the Stream in the side you need 2 DT mainboard.

At least, that's what I think :) I also shuffle back Ideas Unbound/Peer Through Depths whenever I can :)

le 05/06/2009 15:27
The strategy heavy vs discard deck with evermind and stream of consciousness is quite appealing though. :)
Emrad
/*,=
le 08/10/2009 1:08
Back from the Deads.

Je suis en train de monter le deck :)
haut de page - Les forums de MV >> Peasant Magic >> Discussion : page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17
Vous devez être identifié pour pouvoir poster sur les forums.